Hydroxyethyl cellulose (HEC)
hydroxyl B base Fiber dimension element HEC
Chinese Name: hydroxyethyl cellulose
English Name: hydroxy cellular (HEC)
Hydroxyethyl cellulose (HEC) is a white or light yellow, odorless, non-toxic fibrous or powdered solid. It is soaked in 30% liquid alkali by raw cotton linter or refined pulp pulp. After half an hour, it is taken out and pressed, and crushed to the ratio of alkali water to 1:2.8. It is a non-ionic soluble cellulose ether.
White to yellowish fibrous or powdery solid, nontoxic and tasteless
205-210 ℃ (slower burning speed)
Equilibrium temperature content:
At 23 ℃ 50% RH, 6% 84% RH, 29%.
Note: The viscosity changes little in the pH range of 2-12, but the viscosity decreases beyond this range. It has the properties of thickening, suspension, adhesion, emulsification, dispersion, water retention and colloid protection. Solutions with different viscosity range can be prepared. The salt in the solution is stable under normal temperature and high temperature.
Molar degree of substitution (M.S)
Water insoluble matter
Heavy metals (UG / g)
Ash content (%)
Viscosity (2% NDJ-1)
one hundred thousand
Viscosity (2% Brookfield)
Application fields and functions:
Dispersants, emulsions, emulsions, emulsions, emulsions, emulsions, emulsions, emulsions, emulsions, emulsions, emulsions, etc
◆?? For water emulsion coatings: HEC, as a protective colloid, can be used in vinyl acetate emulsion polymerization to improve the stability of the polymerization system in a wide range of pH values. In the production of finished products, the additives such as pigments and fillers are used to disperse evenly, stabilize and provide thickening effect. It can also be used as dispersant for suspension polymer. When used in emulsion paint, it can significantly improve thickening and leveling performance. ?
◆?? In oil drilling: HEC is used as thickening agent in various kinds of mud needed in drilling, well positioning, cementing and fracturing operations, so that the mud can obtain good fluidity and stability. In the process of drilling, the carrying capacity of mud is improved, and a large amount of water is prevented from entering the reservoir from the mud, and the production capacity of the reservoir is stabilized. ?
◆?? For building construction and building materials: due to its strong water retention capacity, HEC is an effective thickener and binder for cement slurry and mortar. Mixing HEC into mortar can improve fluidity and construction performance, prolong water evaporation time, improve initial strength of concrete and avoid cracks. It can be used for plastering gypsum, bonding gypsum and gypsum putty, which can significantly improve its water retention and bonding strength. ?
◆?? In toothpaste: HEC can ensure the stability of toothpaste paste due to its strong salt resistance and acid resistance. In addition, the toothpaste is not easy to dry due to its strong water retention and emulsifying ability. ?
◆?? For water-based ink, HEC can make the ink dry fast and impermeable. ?
Note for use:
1. Before and after the addition of hydroxyethyl cellulose, it is necessary to keep stirring until the solution is completely transparent and clear.
2. It must be slowly sieved into the mixing drum. It is not allowed to directly add a large amount or spherical hydroxyethyl cellulose into the mixing drum.
3. Water temperature and pH value of water have obvious relationship with the dissolution of hydroxyethyl cellulose, which should be paid special attention to.
4. Do not add alkaline substances to the mixture before the hydroxyethyl cellulose powder is soaked by water temperature. It is helpful for dissolution to increase the pH value only after temperature penetration.
5. As far as possible, the fungicide should be added as early as possible.
6. When using high viscosity hydroxyethyl cellulose, the concentration of mother liquor should not be higher than 2.5-3%, otherwise the mother liquor is difficult to operate. The hydroxyethyl cellulose after post-treatment is not easy to form block or ball, and it will not form insoluble spherical colloid after adding water.
Packaging and transportation :
The products are packed in cardboard barrels lined with polyethylene inner bags or polypropylene woven bags coated with plastic, with net weight of each barrel (bag) 25kg 。